Posted in 6 S, Reading

A book with no pictures

a  book with no pictures

This innovative and wildly funny read-aloud by award-winning humorist/actor B.J. Novak turns any reader into a comedian.

You might think a book with no pictures seems boring and serious. Except . . . here’s how the book works; Everything written on the page has to be said by the person reading it aloud. Even if the words say . . . . . BLORK or BLUURF!

Sample pages:

9780803741713-bookwithnopictures_zoom

Book-No-Pictures

What did you think of the book?

Was it what you expected?

12 thoughts on “A book with no pictures

1. Me and Jakob.k really enjoyed the book with no pictures because it was funny and entertaining. I think it was funny because the teacher read it in a funny way.

From Jonno & Jakob.k

2. Dear miss Scarrott
    At first we thought it was going to be boring and when you read it it was funny.
    From Tom and Kane

3. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    We found the book more funny and interesting than we had expected. At first we thought it was going to be serious and less kiddish than it actually is. We liked it because you made a fool of yourself.
    From Claire and Maliha.

4. Dear Miss Scarrott
    Firstly when I saw that book I thought it would going to be boring. But when Miss Scarrott was reading the book I had a shocked on my face. I wasn’t expecting to be so funny.
    From Peter

5. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    It was hilarious watching you making a fool of yourself by making weird noises and saying weird things! At first we thought that it was going to be a boring book until you read the blurb, then we thought it was going to be funny.
    From Alyssa & Kayla 🙂

6. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    We think that the book seems to be boring at first but when Miss Scarrott reads it to us it was hilarious. Miss Scarrott was having trouble reading all the words that was on the page. The book was making her sound like a weirdo.
    From Su & Snow

7. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    At first we thought it was gonna be boring but when Miss Scarrott start reading a few page it make us want to hear more and more.
    From Say Ri &Lay May

8. Dear miss scarrott
    I thought the book wasn’t that great at the start because it sounded like something a two year old would read, but it started to get funny so I volunteered to have a go at reading it and I was surprised because it was embarrassing for me to read to the class.
    From Jake
    Dear miss scarrott
    The book was okay until lit got more funny and made me understand the book more.

9. I thought it was going to be funny but not as funny as it was, it made Miss Scarrott say funny thing’s that made her look silly.

10. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    Our first thought was that it would be boring. Now we really like the book you read. It was fun and enjoyable to watch you making a fool of yourself. We would like someone else to read it again.
    From Roodra and Afua

11. I thought that the book would be bad but as it turned out it was very funny. it had funny words the hole class laughed at miss scarrott