Posted in 6K, Reading

The Day the Crayons Quit

image

Today we read ‘The Day the Crayon’s Quit’.

It is a very funny story about Duncan’s crayons writing him letters to tell him why they quit – most of them are very angry (but not green crayon).

Choose one of the crayons and answer the following;

Why is the crayon upset with Duncan?

What does the crayon think should be done to solve the problem?

What would you draw with the crayon?

11 thoughts on “The Day the Crayons Quit

1. Dear 6K,

I like this book because it about feelings and how Duncan could solve the problems.

Red crayon was upset with Duncan because red was used too much and need a break even on holidays he was still working hard and he wanted a break.

I think that Duncan can use red crayon a little less like for apples Duncan can use green.

If I had to draw a picture it will be an apple or a fire truck.

From Liam.

2. Dear miss Scarrott
    I would pick the orange crayon.
    the crayon is upset because it wants to be the sun.
    the crayon thinks if he could be the sun it would fix the problem.
    I would draw sunset with orange crayon.

3. Dear Miss Scarrott, peach crayon is upset with Duncan because he took peaches paper rapping off and now he is naked!
    peach would love Duncan to put back on his paper rapping so he is not naked!
    I would draw a peach tree
    Thanks for reading 6K The day the crayons quit it is a fantastic book that has a lot of potential I loved it
    From Georgie

4. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    We loved the book. The best part was the peach crayon was naked.
    The red crayon was being used too much. So he got ANGRY
    I think that if the red crayon wasn’t being used too much he would be happier.
    I would draw a dragon.
    From Charlie and Tobia

5. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    The green crayon isn’t upset with Duncan he just wants yellow and orange to make up. With green I would draw green foods like apples and broccoli. I liked the book because it explained why they were angry. It was very funny especially when peach was to shy because Duncan took his clothes of and he was naked.
    From Tarkyn

6. To Miss Scarrott
    Peach crayon is upset with Duncan because Duncan took off peach crayons wrapping and peach crayon doesn’t want to be naked. Duncan should buy peach crayon some more wrapping. I would draw a peach tree. I really liked this book because it’s very funny and it has amazing drawings.
    From Chloe 

7. To Miss Scarrott

The blue crayon was upset with Duncan because Duncan was using him too much and he is getting really short.
    I think if Duncan uses the blue crayon less he won’t shrink.
    The blue crayon felt short, mini and a midget.
    I would like to draw a little blue bird with him.
    I rate this book a 10/10 because I really loved the illustrations and I liked when Duncan solved the problem.

By Dhruvil

8. Dear Miss Scarrott,

I enjoyed the book “The Day The Crayons Quit” it was a really good book, with the activity we did pink so we will tell you about pink.

Pink was upset because Duncan doesn’t use pink at all and the pink crayon is happy because Duncan’s sister use pink crayon.
    The problem would be solved if pink got use more often so pink would be happy.
    We would draw a pink dress, a pink crown , a pink flower and some pink necklaces.

Hannah and Helly

9. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    The book explain why they are angry blue was getting used to much and he cant even see out the crayon box. I liked the book because it was funny.
    From Noah

10. TO Miss Scarrott /6k

To Miss Scarrott/6k
    the book is all about emotions and feelings , all of the crayons have a problem with there colour or each other but the crayon I cared for most is the beige because imagine the only colour you could colour is turkey dinners and wheat, the beige crayon wants to be used like blue crayon. If I had to choose to draw with the crayon I would draw anything we could think of.