Posted in Reading

Fact v’s Opinion

What is the difference between fact and opinion?

The students posted their answers on Answer Garden and here is the result.

Difference between facts and opions

Today we watched ‘The true story of the 3 little pigs’

What did you think of the story?

Give some examples of facts and opinions to demonstrate your understanding of fact v’s opinion.

14 thoughts on “Fact v’s Opinion

1. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    In “The True Story of the Three Little Pigs” the author is making us think that the wolf is the good guy but no one will know because it is a made up story. What do you think about the wolf being good?
    From Charlie.

2. Dear Miss Scarrott
    I felt really good because the wolf wasn’t bad; the pigs were thinking that the wolf is bad
    The opinion is your choice the fact is the true story
    From Helly

3. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    The difference between Fact and Opinion is that fact is completely true and opinion is how you feel about something.
    My opinion about this video is that the wolf in the video is both the good and the bad guy for example: The wolf is a good guy because he is just asking for a cup of sugar but he is the bad guy because he decided since that the pig was already dead he would have a pig dinner.
    From: Nui 😀

4. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    Facts are bits of information and opinions are how someone feels about something.
    Fact- I am 12. Opinion-Being 12 is so cool.
    From Charlie

5. Dear Miss Scarrott
    For the story of the real little pigs was really different from the original story but in this story it’s the wolfs perspective and telling what he thinks, after the story I know think that the wolf was really the good guy. The fact in this story is that the wolfs name is Alexander T. Wolf, the opinion is that he thinks the pig that built his house out of bricks was the smartest.
    From Eh Htoo Wah

6. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    I really enjoyed this lesion because we got to use Socrative and put our own opinion.
    I believe that the really story of the three little pig is fake because in the video the wolf is the good wolf but in original book the wolf is the bad guy.
    A fact is real information for a sport/pets and etc.
    An opinion is a personal statement and comes from your heart.
    And an opinion and a fact is different because an opinion is something that comes from the heart and a fact is something true.
    From Liam:)

7. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    I really liked today’s lesson because I got to see the wolf’s point of view. I’m kind of unsure of which version of the three little pigs is the true story? I also liked using the socrative website I hope that we can use it more this term. Also the difference between fact and opinion is that opinion is what you think/feel about a topic and a fact is true about a topic and its 100% right.
    From Chloe 

8. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    The difference Between Fact and Opinion is, Fact is a true piece of Information, for example;
    Mr. Scarrott lives in Singapore.
    Opinion is someone’s Personal statement, for example; I Like Ice cream.
    My Opinion on this video is that it was a Funny twist on the Original Fairytale.
    From: Breeanna 😀

9. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    The differences are: fact is true information and opinion is your thought or feeling about something.
    I really enjoyed this activity because we got to use socrative. In The True Story of the Three Little Pigs has the wolfs opinions in it.
    From Hannah

10. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    This was a really interesting and enjoyable lesion. The true story of the three little pigs was fantastic, and the test at socrative was challenging because no one truly got 100%.
    I think the true story of the three little pigs was true because the wolf eats meat but we eat meat so does it mean were bad people?
    Fact is more of a statement that is true, but opinion is your point of view on a topic.
    Fact: you can read books. Opinion: books are so boring to read.

From Nibon 😉

11. Dear Miss Scarrott,

The difference between fact and opinion in that fact is true information. Opinion is that when you believe that something is true. I liked this video because the author made this book interesting because at the start the author made us feel that the wolf was a good wolf and in the middle of the book the wolf ate 2 pigs and it was funny.

from Dhruvil,

12. Dear Miss Scarrott
    This video of the 3 little pigs is not true because in the original story the big bad wolf is actually the bad guy and in the video today he said he isn’t the bad guy and he said he sneezed by accident but he actually sneezed on purpose. And he really tried to eat the 3 little pigs.
    From Hamid

13. Dear Miss Scarrott

I really liked the lesson of the three little pigs, the real story of the three little pigs and the wolf was all the good guys because it is a fairy tale, the wolf ate the three little pigs because that’s what they usually eats like sheep’s and pigs.

From Tobia

14. Dear Miss Scarrott,

Today I learnt what the difference between facts and opinion a fact is something to be proven and opinion is someone’s thoughts.