Posted in 6K

Mars Experiment

Mars Experiment-BTN Episode

Imagine you are one of the 6 people taking part in NASA’s isolation experiment. Write journal entries describing your first week in the tiny bubble.

• Explain why you have been chosen to be a part of the isolation experiment. Describe what knowledge you would need to be able to go on a Mars mission. What is your professional background?
• What can you see? What can you eat? What does the food taste like? What can you smell? How do things feel? What can you hear?
• What are some of the challenges?
• What are your daily activities (for example, research, entertainment, eating, sleeping)?
• What is exciting about being part of the experiment?
• How will this experiment help scientists?

One thought on “Mars Experiment

1. Information – Imagine you are one of the 6 people taking part in NASA’s isolation experiment. Write journal entries describing your first week in the tiny bubble.

Dear Miss Scarrott
    I have been chosen to do this experiment because out of all the student I was the most patient. I am a young man of 21 years I come from Victoria in Australia.

We only have food with long expiry dates so they last longer. And we have water that is almost non-edible.

It is very crowded in here we have 6 people and there isn’t much privacy. For fun we play games like chess and monopoly. To keep fit we do laps around the dome and push-ups.

It isn’t very fun or exciting because we don’t have a lot to do. It’s defiantly not a fun loud place like a market or a playground but still the first week passes quickly.

This is not real just saying.

From Brett