Posted in Numeracy

Have you tried Ken Ken puzzles?

Have you heard of Ken Ken puzzles? They are a fantastic challenge – so challenging and so much fun to solve!

Click on the following link to read about how they work.

How do you solve a Ken Ken puzzle?

Click on picture to play online or click here to download and print pdf file

Ken Ken

6S have been enjoying working together to solve these tricky puzzles. When we first played most students thought it would be really simple to solve the 3 x 3 puzzles but soon realised they are a little harder than they first thought.

What do you think of Ken Ken puzzles?

What advice to you have for someone trying to solve a Ken Ken puzzle?

How do you feel when you have completed a puzzle?

9 thoughts on “Have you tried Ken Ken puzzles?

1. Dear Miss Scarrott
    Ken Ken puzzles are good and fun and also hard. The Ken Ken puzzle teaches a lot of students how to play. It’s a good challenge for everyone to learn strategies. Advice from us is be resilient and think carefully when you put in the numbers. When we complete it, we feel happy that we achieved the goal of completing it. Everyone liked it of our class because it was a good challenge
    From Bruke and Htaw Nay 🙂

2. Dear Miss Scarrott
    Ken Ken Puzzles are amazing, it looks easy but when you try to complete one, you start to notice that it’s hard. Always be Resilient with Ken Ken Puzzles. When you have completed a puzzle it feels like freedom, you have FINALLY completed a Ken Ken puzzle, it’s fantastic!
    From: Tanika!

3. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    The Ken Ken puzzle was tricky to solve it. But I keep trying.
    As I managed to solve one it got easier. And it taught me how to be resilient.
    Never Give Up!

From Simon

4. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    I had a really fun time while doing the Ken Ken puzzles as it was really challenging and although it looked so easy at first, it also got harder and harder since you only get to use limited numbers.
    The Ken Ken puzzles are very different than most of the other challenges which felt new to me.
    My advice for the people doing this challenge is, even if you can’t seem to figure out the answer and if you’re really confused, make sure to never give up and give them a go because if you finished it, every answer will be worth it – especially if you got them right c:
    When I finished the Ken Ken puzzles, I felt really relieved and I felt smarter

Angela

5. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    The Ken Ken puzzles are so fun! It really makes you think about it, but it’s not boring. Some advice is don’t just guess where the numbers go, be resilient and think about it. Besides, it’s worth the effort because the more mistakes you make the better the reward feels, which in this case is completing a puzzle!:)
    From Samantha

6. Dear Miss Scarrott
    The Ken Ken puzzles were challenging you really have to think where you put the numbers. The first time we looked at the puzzle we thought it was going to be easy and the first part of the puzzle was. But the second part of it wasn’t so easy we needed to use an eraser at least five times. If it’s your first time remember think very carefully where you put the numbers. But the most important thing to remember is to have FUN!!!
    From Will and Friend

7. Dear Miss Scarrott
    The ken Ken puzzle is amazing you challenged your mind it is defecated at the start but after a while you get better and better so give it a try.
    If you giving the ken ken a try here is some advice don’t give up try. Your best don’t put the number in a random spot and be resilience when getting the answer wrong and have fun.
    When I completely finish the ken ken puzzle I was so proud of myself.
    From Brandon

8. Dear Miss Scarrott
    The Kenken puzzle was fun we put a lot of effort on to it to complete. It was the hardest puzzle we did yet it was entertaining to do it with friends. Be careful where you put the number you might get it wrong. And you’re not meant to guess the numbers. When we finished it we feel like we complete it all.

From kebre and Gaesoe

9. On Monday I help three girls from WELS.
    We made ken ken puzzles. We tried to put numbers in square boxes. I felt nervous because I made mistake but when I finished I felt happy.
    SayMeh