19 thoughts on “Binary Pictures

1. Dear Miss Scarrott
    Today I learnt that binary is not just about converting numbers. I don’t have questions that need answering at the moment. I rate myself a 4 out of 5 because we started bad. But ended up getting 5 images done.
    From Noah

2. Dear Miss Scarrott
    1 How to write images with binary
    2 Try to image the picture in my head
    3 4/5 I didn’t get it 100% and got a bit ahead

3. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    I founded out today how does binary numbers make images work. I used the strategy when I hear black, I colour it down. I also ignored white when my partner says it. I rate my effort an 5/5 because I put in my best effort and showed my learning. I want to find out how does binary numbers make different colours.
    From Bruke 🙂

4. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    Today I found out that binary numbers make the images on the computer. Each pixel has a lot of binary inside of it. I also found out that they start of as black and white. A question I still have is: How do they actually become colourful? And why does it take so much binary to make 1 pixel? Today I would rate my effort a 5 of out of 5, because I completed my work and did my very best saying the binary and drawing the images.
    From Mark.

5. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    Today I found out that all coloured images have to be converted to black and white for the computer to read.
    The strategies I used was to use my finger to know where the blank/white spaces are so my picture would be accurate.
    I rate myself a 5/5 in effort in today’s lesson because I got my pictures correct and so did Day Day, so that told me that my binary code was correct.
    One question I still have about binary is, does each colour have a different binary code?
    From Jorja.

6. Dear Miss Scarrott
    1: Today I learnt that binary isn’t just used for numbers and letters it also can make pictures.
    2: The strategy that will and I would be constantly saying where we were up to.
    3: I would rate myself a 4.9/5 because will and I were always on task not talking about video games and that stuff and there’s always places to improve.
    4: I now want to learn about to make colour in the pictures
    From Sam

7. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    Today I found out on how to use binary numbers to form a black and white photo.
    The strategies I used was to make sure to keep up with my partner by saying “Done” every time I finished a line so she knows where I’m at.
    I rate myself a 5/5 as even if binary numbers for colours were new for me, I still tried my best in every way possible which made me understand binary better. Tanika and I communicated well throughout the worksheets even while saying just 0s and 1s by helping each other although it was hard.
    One question I still have is, does the binary code that encodes colours similar to html colour codes but with 1s and 0s?

Angela

8. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    Today I found out that binary is harder than it looks, it was complicated but after a while I and my partner understood binary much better than before.
    How long does it take to make a colourful picture?
    Is binary the hardest job in the world?
    How long does it take to program a computer?
    I rate myself 5 out of 5 because I tried my hardest, and I and my partner where being very resilient when reading binary to each other.
    From Brandon

9. Dear Miss scarrott,
    1. I found out that images use binary numbers and the image has to get turned black and white first.
    2. I used my finger on every square when Jess said a number so it be in the right spot.
    3. I rate myself a 5/5 for effort today because I tried my best and all mine and jess’s binary images worked out so we were communicating great.
    4. One question I still have is does every image have binary numbers even ones in books.
    From Emma.

10. Dear Miss Scarrott

I founded out how binary numbers create image one image has lots of binary behind it. I rate myself 5/5 because I put in my best effort and had ago. The strategies I use was, I only listen when my partner called out black and I ignore the white as well.

From Simon

11. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    Today I found out that binary images are easier than binary numbers, and it’s just black and white and its mostly just on and off and other stuff that I don’t know, it was really fun I can’t wait until I do more!
    The strategies that I used was using my pencil to shade in the zeros black and the ones blank and I also used communication with my partner so I know what to shade in and what not.
    I rate my effort a 5/5 because I didn’t stop, I just kept going and me and my partner communicated well by not talking too fast it was just the right speed.
    The question I have is:
    How to they make pictures not pixels so it’s a smooth picture like what we see in our eyes?
    From Tanika

12. Dear Miss Scarrott
    Today I found out more about binary numbers and what it is. Binary is what a computer talk and it only talks 1 and 0, behind images are lots and lots of 1 and 0. My question is why does a computer only talks 1 and 0? How does the colour black and white turn into colour? The strategy that I use was listening to my partner calling out the number. I rate myself a 5 out of 5 because I was focus on my work and try my best to create the picture.
    From Ke Bre

13. Dear Miss Scarrott

Today I learnt more about binary number and how it work with picture, I never know that the picture are only black and white. I rate myself 5 out of 5 because I learnt about the binary picture and new thing. The strategy I use is to listen carefully to my partner.

From Htaw Nay

14. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    Today I found out that all coloured images have to be converted into black and white so the computer knows which binary number to use to complete the image and the binary numbers all come in one’s and zero’s.
    The strategy I used was to put my finger on the grid so I know which square Jorja is up to so I know which grid she is up to and also to make sure I am on the right speed as her.
    I rate myself a 5 out of 5 because Jorja and I made sure we were up to the same speed and we both got the images right, Jorja and I were communicating really well.
    When we type in alphabets do computers read binary numbers or read different binary ?
    From Day Day

15. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    There are a few things that I have found out about binary and coding. Like pictures are easier to learn than the actual binary numbers which are ones and zeros. One question that I still have is why can’t computers just use all the letters and all the numbers that we use? I rate myself a 5/5 because I tried my best and stayed on task. I also learnt a lot while I was having fun.
    From Phoebe

16. Dear Miss Scarrott
    Today I learnt about binary and how binary can make images with 1s and 0s. I rate myself a 5 out of 5 because me and my partner managed to complete all 6 images of the task given to us and we put in a lot of effort trying to figure out what the images we were making. We had a lot of fun shading in the boxes when my partner said 1s or 0s. I also found out that if there is one little error in a system it glitches out everything, and my question is how many pixels are needed just to make an image?
    By GaeSoe

17. Dear Miss Scarrott
    Today I found out that the black colour represents zero and the white colour represents the number one.
    I still have a question how does the computer control the image because the computer obviously doesn’t just colour the image?
    Other question is why does the colours only represent black and white?
    I rate my effort 5/5 because I was really resilient and i really tried and tried to catch up with the computer.
    From Murat

18. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    Thank you for this session, now I have an average understanding of using binary numbers for images.
    1. I found out that coloured images all have to turn into black and white before you have to create the binary number attached to it.
    2. I used a pencil to go horizontally across the 9cm by 9cm square I created, to get the most accurate/correct image.
    3. I rate myself a 5/5 effort because, not only did I get my two images right, my partner (Emma) got all hers right as well. That shows me we were both communicating well, and that we can understand how binary numbers work in a simple image.
    4. A question I still have is… Does the alphabet use different binary rules, or the same as numbers or images?
    From Jessica.

19. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    I give myself 5/5 because I work well with my partner and working out what is it. On my work I learnt how computer use the binary and I learnt new thing too.
    From Hser Eh Moo