Posted in Multicultural, Refugee week

Refugees and Migrants

This week is Refugee Week. Today you will be learning about refugees and migrants through watching a BTN video. You will post a quality comment showing your understanding of refugees, migrants and asylum seekers. 

Refugees and Migrants BTN episode 30/8/2016

After watching the BtN Refugees and Migrants story, post a quality comment with the following sentence starters;
This story made me wonder why…
It was interesting to learn that…
This story made me feel…
An asylum seeker is…
A refugee is…
A migrant is…
**You may need to do further research on your own or with a partner to create a definition for asylum seeker, refugee and migrant before you post your comment.

18 thoughts on “Refugees and Migrants

1. This video made me wonder why people have to leave their home country. But I know that some people have to or want to because of their home have to much danger to even risk going outside. It was interesting to learn that there is a place for people who have just come into Australia. The video made me feel kinda relieved because people have a place to go when they are new to Australia. An asylum seeker is someone who has left their country to work some where else. A refugee is someone who has left because of war or something terrible happened. A migrant is someone who has left to find a better home.

2. It will be really hard to move to another country if u don’t want to, because you will miss your family and friends.

3. It was interesting to learn that migrants are people that have to leave their country because of ether work, new experience or to live closer to family and friends.
    It was also interesting to learn about refugees too because they are people who are forced to leave their country because its not safe for their family any more.

4. 1. This made me wonder wonder how hard is it to pack for the trip to Australia like what should u bring.
    2.i was interested by the place that refugee and migrants go to.
    3.it made me feel happy😀 because when they moved to Australia they are a lot more safe and stuff like that.
    4.

5. Why do people have to forced to get out of they and why do people get threatened because of their race gender and believes.

6. What is a refugee?: people who forced to leave there home country.
    What is a migrant?:a person who left their country to volunteer .
    What is an asylum seeker?:a person or family who has left their home country as a political refugee and is seeking asylum in another.

This story made me wonder how do people decide to be a refugee .

It was interesting to learn about how some people live when they are a refugee or migrant.

This made me feel how would I feel if I was an refugee.

I done all of them 🙂

7. Q1-A refugee is when people are forced to leave their country.
    Q2- A migrant is when people leave their home voluntarily.
    Q3- A alyssum seeker is a person who left their country.
    Q4- I was interested to learn how they left their country safely.
    Q5- It made me wonder what’s it like to be a migrant and a refugee.

8. A refugee : People who are forced to leave their home country.
    A Migrant: A person who’s left their country for voluntarily.
    An asylum seeker: A person who has left their home country as a political and is seeking asylum in another.
    This made me wonder why, helping new arrivals to Australia is good.
    It was interesting to learn that, there’s actually heaps of people arriving over seas, because of migrants, refugees and asylum seekers.
    This story made me feel very happy to see People welcoming new arrivals to Australia and making them feel safe like home.

9. A refugee are people who have been forced to move from their home country because of either being war, violence or being treated badly because of their gender, race or their beliefs. A migrants is someone to move closer to family and friends, volunting for work or for a new experience.

10. 1: maya and Georgia lived complete different lives and both came to Australia
    2: refugees and migrants are completely different
    3: interested about how many people and migrant
    4: an asylum seeker is a person who has fled for there own country
    5: a person who is forced to come to a different country
    6: a person who has came to a different country for work friends and family or new experiences

11. 1: why do so many people come to Australia instead of other countries?

2: its interesting that a lot of people are forced to leave their country and leave everything behind

3: this made me feel sad for people who aren’t safe in their own countries

4: an asylum seeker is someone who’s human rights have been violated and is looking for somewhere better to live

5: a refugee is someone who is forced to leave their country because of war violence or bad treatment

6: a migrant is someone who has volentired to leave their country to start a new,better life

12. This video shows how hard it is been for all people that are refugees that can’t all ways talk or see there family. It is interesting to learn more about refugees migrant and asylum seekers. It made me feel persanly bad for all these people how can’t see all there family every day. A asylum seekers is a prerson how left there country because there human rights were violated and now looking for a new home. A refugee is a person how left there country because it was no longer safe for them to stay there. A migrant is a person how fawned work or wants to be closer to family or friends.

13. 1.Refugees have war, violence and bad treatment just because of their race, gender and beliefs.
    2. People are forced to move, and knowing that they have to leave their family behind.
    3. It made me feel sad because you have to see people leave their country, and leaving some of there family behind.
    4. A asylum seeker is a person who is looking for somewhere to live.
    5. A Refugee is someone that has found a country to live in because of war.
    6. A migrant is someone who chose to move, because of their job and their family.

14. It was interesting to learn that a migrant is a person or people who had left their own country for a reason like for seeing family and friends also seeing new experiences or maybe for working or for study.

Also it was interesting to learn that refuges are people that are forced to leave their own country like for war,violence or bad treatment because of their gender, race or their beliefs.

A asylum seeker is person who has left their own country as a political status are allowed to work or study in the country.

15. Refugees & Migrants
    1.This story made me wonder why do refugees need to be forced to change country.
    2.It was intrusting to learn that migrants have a choice to change country and that refugees don’t.
    3.This story made me feel sad for the people who had to change country and they are forced to.
    2. Asylum seeker is a person who has left their home country as a political refugee.
    3.A refugee is a person who’s forced to change country by violence or danger life.
    4.A migrant is a person who’s left their country voluntarily.

16. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    This story made me wonder why people would force othe people to leave their country because of their skin colour or beliefs.
    It was interesting to learn the difference between asylum seekers and refugees.
    This story made me feel happy because Maya felt safe in Australia and Gorga made new friends.
    A ayslum seeker is someone that has fled their country because of fear and is looking for a place to live.
    A refugee is someone who is forced to leave their country and has found a place to live.
    A migrant is someone who has left their country voluntarily to improve their life or for a new life experience.

17. 1.If I was the refugee girl I would wonder what is it like in Australia and is Australia safe place to live.
    2.It was interesting because at I did not know what is refugee and what is a migrant.
    3.It made me feel that Australia is a good place to live in.
    4.Is when a person left their home.
    5.a person who was forced to leave their country.
    6.A person who left the home to get a job in Australia and they country.