Posted in 6S, Coding, Digital Technologies

Bloxels

The ICT eSmart Team are extremely grateful for those parents who made a voluntary contribution towards ICT at Werribee Primary School. With these contributions we were able to purchase a class set of Bloxels.

I asked 6S students what they thought of bloxels and here are some of the responses:

Loki – ‘It puts your creative mind to work. I love it!’

Blake – ‘It really gets your mind thinking of what to do, it gets your critical mind working. I have no words to say how much I like Bloxels it’s too good.’

Zack – ‘They’re amazing, I love using them.’

Matty – ‘I like it because I get to make games.’

Gloria – ‘It is very creative. It’s hard to find words to say how much I like it, it’s fantastic.’

Harshita – ‘I think it’s really good because you get to create your own video game. It’s really fun to use!’

Braydan – ‘I love the way you have free choice to create whatever you feel like. It’s fun because you get to build your own creations and it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks, you get to make what you like.’

Sam – ‘It’s really fun and creative.’

James – ‘Bloxels are my favourite, because it makes me really happy to use, it is so much fun.’

Press play to see some year 6 students using Bloxels for the first time.

Bloxels is a hands-on platform for kids to build, collaborate, and tell stories through video game creation. They enable students to build, capture, design, play and share their very own video games.

Students can play fun games and channel their creative potential as they gain greater understanding of important topics like design logic, and computer science and demonstrate their knowledge of history, science and mathematics while developing increasingly important coding and STEM principles through the games they create.

If you are curious or you would like more information about Bloxels please visit http://www.bloxelsbuilder.com