Work independently or in pairs to problem solve using a ‘broken calculator’. You will need a netbook as the site uses flash player and won’t work on an iPad.
Record the steps you take in your maths book.
What strategies did you use to help you?
Were you successful? Why/why not?
BTN: Alcohol Damage
After watching the BTN episode work with a partner using the following questions to guide further research.
Post your answers as a comment below.
1. What is alcohol?
2. Alcohol is a depressant. What does that mean?
3. How might a person’s behaviour change when they drink alcohol?
4. What are the short-term effects of drinking alcohol?
5. What can be the long-term effects of alcohol on the body?
6. What effect does alcohol have on the brain?
7. How does drinking affect a teenage brain versus an adult brain?