History of the Alphabet BTN story 12/9/17
1. What did the BTN story explain?
2. When and where did the Phoenicians live?
3. What did their alphabet look like?
4. The Phoenician alphabet included both consonants and vowels. True or false?
5. What did the Greeks add to the alphabet?
6. Who spread the alphabet around Europe and England?
7. Which letters did the English include?
8. Different languages used different _______________.
9. Not all languages use the alphabet. Some use…
10. Name three things you learnt about the alphabet watching the BTN story
Extension: Today emojis are used in a similar way to hieroglyphs, communicating thoughts and ideas through images. Design your own set of emojis and include meanings for each emoji. Emoji characters can include facial expressions, hand gestures, objects, places and animals. Design a message, which can be displayed in our classroom. 🙂 🙂