What? We are learning about the levels of government in Australia.
Why? This will help us understand how our democracy system works.
How? I will be able to record key information as I watch the videos and then answer the questions and post as a quality comment.
Click on the link below to watch a 2.27 min video about the three levels of government in Australia.
After watching both the BTN episode and the video from PEO website answer the following questions. You may need to do some further research to answer all of the questions.
1. What are the three levels of government?
2. Why do we have three levels of government?
3. Name some responsibilities of each level of government?
4. What happens when local, state and federal governments disagree?
5. Why do you think we need three levels of government in Australia?
6. Which people (jobs) are connected with each level of government?
7. What sort of person do you think would make a good representative?
8. What was surprising for you?