1. What does the BTN story explain? 2. Briefly explain what a rainbow is. 3. Sunlight is made up of __________ light which contains all the colours of the _________. 4. What happens when the sunlight hits the droplet? 5. What is refraction? 6. How many colours are there in a rainbow? Name the colours. 7. Why do the colours separate? 8. Why are the colours of a rainbow always in the same order? 9. What did you learn watching this story?
As part of the Chemical Science unit this term 6S have created videos using Explain Everything on the iPads. They have done a fantastic job of sharing their knowledge and explaining how some of the experiments work.
Here are a few examples of the explanation texts created.
Please post a comment below to tell us what you think.
Zoom out from a picture.
This is a shared writing task by zooming out, so to speak, by leaving comments. For example if the picture was a bowl, and the first commenter describes something bigger around the bowl (like a table it’s on) and the next commenter would write about the room it was in, and the next could zoom out the window and so on. The most important part is to ensure you read previous comments, so you can add to the story.
What is the story? “Zoom out” of the picture to reveal what you imagine is also a part of the story.
Please make sure you read previous comments and continue the story from the last comment posted.
On Friday the 18th of August the year 6 students had an amazing experience visiting Suzanne Cory High School. They were lucky enough to participate in a number of hands on science lessons. The visit also doubled as a transition day to give the year 6 students some insight to what it will be like at Secondary School. They conducted various experiments and further developed their science knowledge with support from the teachers and students at Suzanne Cory.
The activities included;
Rainbow fizz flame test
Red cabbage indicator
The biggest ‘oohs’ and ‘aahs’ definitely came from the methane bubbles session!
Press play below to watch a slide show of the fun filled day.
1. What was the main point of the BTN story?
2. What was the mission that the kids in the BTN story set themselves?
3. What inspired them to go on this mission?
4. Australia is one of the biggest producers of trash in the world. True or false?
5. What reusable items did the students buy?
6. What is nude food?
7. What are the benefits of having nude food at school?
8. What does your school already do to reuse and recycle?
9. How well do you know the 5 Rs?
10. How has your thinking changed since watching the BTN story?