- How many Australian soldiers fought at Gallipoli?
- Describe the plan that Britain came up with to defeat Germany.
- Which area did Britain want to take control of?
- Where in Turkey were Australian and New Zealand soldiers sent in?
- The Gallipoli campaign became a stalemate. What does that mean?
- What happened at the Battle of Lone Pine?
- What was a `drip rifle’ and how did it help Australian soldiers?
- How long did the Gallipoli campaign last?
- What do you understand more clearly since watching the Gallipoli story?
As Australians mark 100 years since the Gallipoli landings, explore interactive photos to see how the battlefield looked – then and now. Click on the link below to go to the ABC website and explore.
We are going to create a poster for the centenary of Anzac Day.
What do you think it needs to include? How can you send a powerful message? What materials will you use to make your poster eye catching?
For information about the Centenary of Anzac Day poster competition go to the Splash Website.