Posted in 6 S, iPads, Mathletics

Fractions on the iPads

fraction basic app logoThis week the students used the fraction basic app on the iPads to help further develop their knowledge of using fractions. This free video app provides a quick and simple way for students to learn and understand the basics behind fractions.

fraction basic screen shot 1    fraction basic screen shot  fraction basic screen shot  adding fractions

6S can you tell me what you think of the app and what you learnt from using it?

4 thoughts on “Fractions on the iPads

1. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    The fraction app that you found was really helpful to understand about fraction and I think it is like a fraction dictionary to use when we get stuck about understanding it. What I found out was that multiplying fraction is much easier that adding and multiplying fraction but with dividing fraction you have to flip the second fraction and divide it. Those are some things that I found out but there are more that I can’t remember.
    From Su

2. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    We think the app is really good because you can learn how to Add and, subtract fractions. It really taught us about fraction and different strategies to help us learn more about fractions.
    From Tom and Ahere.

3. Dear Miss Scarrott,
    I found the fraction basic app fun and useful because I can use it to help me solve problems and equations. On the test I did and I found out that I needed to learn how to add and subtract fractions so I learnt that you have to do the same to the bottom as you do to the top. I think multiplying fractions is easier than adding them. I am now learning how to convert decimals into fractions.
    From Afua

4. Hi miss scarrott and class, we are the makers of fraction basics and are glad to see that it’s helping you. I just want to point out that we will be launching an updated version of the app replacing the robotic voice with a real one. Hope you enjoy =0)